It is always a great thing when I get to partner with one of my better halves, the über creative Erica F. Hunter. We are joining forces, as usual, to offer “Business Fundamentals for Freelance Artists,” which will be offered … Continue reading
Courtesy of E.F. Hunter of BrandMe Media, we highlight additional images from the culmination of Birmingham Fashion Week with Tibi designer Amy Smilovic and Birmingham Fashion Week founders Heidi Elnora and Jeana Lee Fleming. What an honor to be around … Continue reading
So it’s no secret that my life has been filled with a few fashion shows and events here lately, however one of my absolute FAVORITE experiences has been the culmination of Birmingham Fashion Week. Creative Director E.F. Hunter was my … Continue reading
March 2013 is full of back to back fashion weeks and events, from Huntsville to New Orleans. The schedule includes the following: February 23-March 02 :: Birmingham Fashion Week (Birmingham, AL) March 02- March 09 :: New Orleans Fashion Week … Continue reading
BrandMe Media and Hartzog-Bagsby Consulting have teamed up to compile our annual style guide The Maven’s Eye: Fashion. Its a piece that highlights some of the must have items on the Gulf Coast for Winter 2012 and early Spring 2013. … Continue reading
Hartzog-Bagsby Consulting and The Brand Mavens of BrandMe Media caught up with international fashion blogger and BET Rip the Runway contender Gabi Fresh during London Fashion Week. It was amazing to get the opportunity to speak with her regarding the Simply Be brand, and to get in a few pictures! Check out the video below with footage from London Fashion Week and be sure to check out her blog at www.gabifresh.com for great commentary that is fashionably wondrous. You can also check out the video and great shopping for sizes 10-28 on Simply Be‘s website!
What I Wore: I’m featured speaking with Gabi (about how much we love her site!) and I was caught with my umbrella entering the Caroline Charles runway show!
Jacket: Navy Military Coat: Zara, Paris || T-Shirt :Forever 21 || Oxblood Velvet Shorts: Topshop, London || Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, Nasty Gal
Here’s my top list of “Things to Remember” when you’re in Paris and abroad. And a few pictures just to browse. The fashion in Paris, of course, was amazing. Even the store front window displays were amazing.
- I love my heels probably more than the average lady, but I promise you– you need to visit Top Shop (if you’re in London, go and see Michelle, she’s fabulous and a true British girl!) and get some amazing flats that you are in love with. Do not attempt to prance around the city in heels. Save them for the shows, appointments or meetings during the day, or events at night. Again, do not do it. You’ll thank me later.
- When traveling via the Metro, check the operating times! As a brief New Yorker, I assumed the Metro runs all night! This is not the case in all international metropolitan cities 🙂
- Keep a camera in your messenger bag and snap street style for inspiration. Be camera ready and pleasant at all times; you truly never know when someone is snapping your picture!
- For my coffee drinkers: In Europe, especially Paris, remember there is a difference between coffee, and american coffee. Coffee abroad is what Westerners consider espresso, so don’t look dumbfounded when it arrives at your table. Ask for milk and sugar and keep it moving.
- I can not describe the importance of punctuality, and being early. 3 minutes can cost you a few hundred dollars and missed flights and trains if you aren’t careful. Punctual is late; early is on time.
- If you’re a US citizen, you can get taxes back when you spend money abroad. For instance, if you spend 30 euros in a french store, you’re entitled to a duty free purchase, so ask the store for the appropriate paperwork. Get to the airport early enough to file the paperwork to get duty free status–this can be done after you go through customs. Some people wait until they get to the counter (don’t be that person) to fill out forms for 10 different purchases.
- When in Europe, utilize the Euro Star / fast train systems to travel to other European (and neighboring) countries. Its the best, and most efficient way, to travel from one country to another.
- When possible, find the markets to find unique buys. They are the best places for accessories and small leather goods. (I bought the best attaché bag at the market in Paris).
- Most importantly, if you fly an airline that partners with American Airlines for the domestic leg, bring a few extra dollars to contribute to the UNICEF fund! They collect on the plane–give back!!!
[Photos compliments of E.F. Hunter]
Greetings from Rue de Chateau, Paris!! Of course the street fashion is insane, so I’ll be sure to get you some pictures!!
BrandMe Media has launched!!! Our intention was for it to launch today when we landed. The server is attempting to give us problems, but it won’t stop the show!
Be sure to officially check out the Brand Mavens and review the chronicles of the world renowned artists we have featured . We’ve provided mini editorial blogs featuring :
- The über talented New York based photographer Neef Fresh
- Musical guru Yo Jonesy
- Designer and fashion maven John Ross Thomas
We hope you’ll be delighted…..
Stylist and Editorial Contributor Carlisha Hartzog Bagsby has been accepted as the representative for Hartzog-Bagsby Consulting to receive press and media accreditation by the British Fashion Council for London Fashion Week 2012. Hartzog-Bagsby will attend runway shows during fashion week, but will also provide commentary on The Exhibition, which will showcase accessory, shoe and ready-to-wear designers at the historic Somerset House.
The only thing that makes London Fashion Week more intoxicating–the ability to attend Milano Unica in Milan, Italy too! We plan to provide coverage of the XV Edition for Fall/Winter 2013 if scheduling permits. Milano Unica will begin on September 11, 2012 with “On Stage,” the featured runway shows of 10 emerging designers from Italy, China, Brazil, Australia, Sweden, Australia, Belgium and the United Kingdom
For more information on Milano Unico and the events from September 11-13, 2012, visit:
Photos Courtesy of Sass & Bide
The Sing, Brother Collection
I can’t even pretend to hold my excitement; Hartzog-Bagsby received an invitation to attend the Sass & Bide runway show for Spring/Summer 2013 in London during Fashion Week. BrandMe Media mogul E.F. Hunter will be in tow!
The Australian beauties that created the brand go far beyond the norm and design absolutely gorgeous pieces. They have created one-of-a kind garments for the lovely Carrie [Sarah Jessica-Parker] on Sex and the City and continue to take design composition to another level. I’d wear each and every last one of the looks in the gallery above; I’m sure you would agree.